What’s the best face mask for wrinkles? A hydrating one that features star anise and Matcha green tea. This homemade face mask for wrinkles includes these anti-aging ingredients, and others, for more youthful-looking skin.
My health goal is to prevent sickness and disease instead of treat it. I also like to apply this philosophy to my skin. So instead of waiting until the wrinkles form, I like to use natural ingredients that will help keep my skin tight and smooth for as long as possible.
What if you already have wrinkles? You may be thinking, How can I reduce wrinkles on my face? Is it even possible? It is possible to reduce wrinkles on your face. Here are some tips to show you how.
Best way to reduce facial wrinkles
My journey started with researching the best ways to reduce facial wrinkles. This included searching for preventative remedies that answered the following questions I had:
1. How can I reduce wrinkles on my face?
While most look to creams and serums to help get rid of wrinkles, there are several lifestyle changes you can make that are even more effective.
- Drink up! Stay hydrated by drinking at least six to eight 8-ounce glasses of water daily.
- Sleep away. Lack of adequate sleep stimulates the production of excess cortisol which breaks down skin cells.
- Eat healthy foods. Get your recommended amounts of fruits and vegetables to help reduce wrinkles on your face. They contain antioxidants which fight damage caused by free radicals which keeps your skin glowing and younger-looking.
- Quit smoking. More and more studies confirm that smoking ages the skin. The smoke breaks down collagen and elastin which is needed to keep the skin tight and firm.
- Moisturize. Use a good, anti-aging moisturizer daily. Moist, hydrated skin looks better, making lines and creases less visible.
2. What is the best home remedy for facial wrinkles?
If you’re looking for ways to reduce wrinkles naturally, here are some of the best home remedies for facial wrinkles:
- Gently massage a few drops of olive oil on your face before bedtime. Leave on for a few minutes, then wipe it off with a damp, soft washcloth.
- Choose a satin pillowcase instead of synthetic fibers which can make a difference in whether your skin resists or creates wrinkles.
- The American Academy of Dermatology recommends sleeping on your back because sleeping on your side increases wrinkles on your cheeks and chin.
- Get your minerals. Minerals like selenium and zinc have been known to help prevent wrinkles.
3. What is the best treatment for wrinkles on face?
A facial mask is one of the best treatments for wrinkles on your face. Why? Facial masks can gently hydrate and nourish your skin, yet still be powerful enough to get rid of impurities, even out skin tone, and smooth wrinkles.
Choose homemade or natural face masks that are free and clear of harmful toxins for best results.
4. What is the best homemade face mask?
I have quite a few recipes for homemade face masks for younger looking skin. To pick the best depends on your skin type, needs and preferences. But of all the face masks I’ve used, the ones that are favorites include at least one of the following ingredients:
Star anise – One of the best natural ingredients for a DIY mask for wrinkles. Star anise has the ability to provide instant relief from acne scars, wrinkles, and damaged skin. I use it in this toner recipe and this facial moisturizer recipe.
White Potato – Potatoes contain antioxidants which have been shown to slow down the signs of aging. Applying potato juice on the skin can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, giving your face a youthful glow.
Banana – Loaded with vitamin C, bananas help to maintain a natural and youthful glow of the skin. And the amino acids in bananas help to maintain the skin’s elasticity and strength.
Green Tea – I first tried green tea in my skin care regimen with this clean, green facial scrub and I loved it. The antioxidants in green tea help to fight aging by eliminating free radicals that can cause fine lines and wrinkles.
Best Homemade Face Mask for Wrinkles
This simple, yet effective homemade face mask combines all of the wrinkle-fighting ingredients I love into one powerful DIY face mask for wrinkles.
Green Tea Face Mask for Wrinkles
- 5 star anise pods
- 1/2 banana, ripe
- 1 small white potato
- 1 tsp Matcha green tea
- Place star anise pods in sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Wash the potato and place it in a sauce pan. Cover with water and boil for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Peel and chop the banana and place in blender cup.
- Peel the potato and chop it into small pieces. Add 1/4 cup of the potatoes to the blender cup.
- Blend the potatoes with the banana until smooth.