So I enjoyed my Thanksgiving holiday. I mean really enjoyed my thanksgiving holiday. I found myself eating foods that I don’t normally eat much of throughout the rest of the year.
And what that means is my body was thrown a little off-kilter and I couldn’t hide it—it showed up on my face (ugh!). I needed to get a clear face fast.
And I had the perfect resource to show me how to get clear skin naturally.
How to get spotless skin naturally at home
What was the resource? It was an old copy of the book, Back to Eden. It’s not a book talked about often, so I’d be surprised if you’ve ever heard of it.
It’s based on research done many years ago, back when they said things like, Cut your nails down to the quick. But, hold on! Don’t knock it just because it’s old. Many of these old home remedies have proven to be as—if not more—effective than prescription medicines. And I’ve found this book to be a true gem in a very old-fashioned kind of way.
Inside this book is a recipe that, years ago, my sister and I first tried with great success. Now it’s my go-to remedy when I want to “deep-clean” my body, get crystal clear skin, and lose a few extra pounds along the way.
I call it the quick clear skin detox because by following it, you can detox your skin in a week. And when I do it, I always end up with smooth, oil-free, glowing skin—usually in 7 days.
It involves feeding your body only nourishing fruits and vegetables so it can eliminate toxins, while healing your skin from the inside out. And in a week, you can have spotless skin naturally at home—no chemicals needed.
So, if you’ve been wondering how to get a clear face fast, read on to get the deets:
How do you get clear skin in a week?
For 7 days you’ll feed your body nourishing fruits and vegetables. While you can eat all kinds of fruits, there are a few specific fruits and vegetables you need to include.
The fruits and vegetables chosen are designed to clear your body of nasty toxins and nourish it with much-needed vitamins and minerals. The bloodstream must have all of the necessary elements it needs. When one is missing, some form of disease results.
The foods you’ll eat during this clear skin detox are also alkaline in nature. This allows the bloodstream—which provides nutrition to every cell in the body—to dissolve all poisons and carry them away. And no disease can exist in a pure bloodstream.
These two things working together leave you with not only a healthier body, but glowing, flawless skin. It’s one of the best kept secrets for getting crystal clear, beautiful skin overnight (well, almost). By following the guidelines, it’s possible to get clear skin in a week.
(I see you– getting all excited over there. I got you! Just keep on reading…)
So, for one week, you’ll eat delicious fruits like pineapple, blueberries, grapefruit, oranges, and lemons. Add to those vegetables like spinach, carrots, celery, lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes.
You’ll eat as much food as possible so you won’t feel as if you’re starving yourself. The more you eat, the sooner your body will be cleansed. Also, eating fruits and vegetables in large amounts keeps your stomach from shrinking and prevents lines and wrinkles from forming on your face. So, you’ll end up with a clear face fast.
Ready to get spotless skin in 7 days? Let’s go!
How to detox your skin in a week
You can eat all kinds of fruits freely. They just need to be ripe before being picked so they have all of the nutrients necessary to detox your skin in a week.
Here are the guidelines to follow for crystal clear skin from the inside out:
- Eat at least 2 grapefruit a day, 6 oranges and 3 lemons (squeeze in filtered water to drink throughout the day).
- Add fresh pineapple, cherries, ripe peaches, plums, pears, apples, blueberries, ripe strawberries, and raspberries, etc. to your daily meals.
- Do not add any type of sugar or artificial sweetener to your fruit or lemonade—that will destroy its benefit.
- Each vegetables like spinach, carrots, celery, parsley, tomatoes, red or green cabbage (raw is best), asparagus, mild green onions, lettuce, cucumbers, okra, eggplant, and radishes, just to name a few.
- Eat a raw vegetable salad every day, as well as one meal of cooked vegetables.
- Just use a little bit of water when cooking your vegetables (steaming is best).
- Drink a lot of water in between meals.
- Exercise daily, and outside as much as possible.
- Only eat fruits and vegetables for the week. And avoid dairy, cane sugar, processed foods, canned fruits or vegetables, tea and coffee (see the book, Back to Eden, for other things to avoid and more details).
- Immediately after ending the detox, eat a little bit of easily digested foods, like baked potatoes, lima beans, peas, corn, carrots or tomatoes. Slowly introduce other foods into your body.
- Be sure to talk with your doctor before beginning the detox or making any dietary changes.
How long you detox is up to you and how your body responds. One week a month is generally good for everyone. However, when in doubt, follow the guidelines your physician recommends.
Following these homemade tips for detoxing your body is the best way to heal your body and get spotless skin naturally at home. You may also like these clear skin-related posts to ensure you get beautiful skin overnight:
- Simple Korean Skin Care Routine – All Natural and DIY
- Star Anise Sheet Mask for Your K-Beauty Skincare Routine
- 3 Homemade Natural Beauty Recipes that Can Make Anyone Look Younger
- Skincare Routine to Get Rid of Acne Scars and Shrink Pores
- How To Make Rose Water at Home
- 6 Foods to Eat (and Wear) for Bright, Clear Skin – Recipes Included
- Unclog Pores and Get Rid of Acne with This Simple Morning Routine