You don’t have to buy those expensive facial cleansers loaded with toxic ingredients. Learn how to make your own face wash with this DIY beauty recipe. This homemade facial cleanser uses all-natural ingredients and will leave your face feeling clean and hydrated.
Okay, I admit it. I’m a recovering skin care junkie. I love finding new skin care products or creating homemade natural beauty products. Maybe it’s the thrill of the hunt or maybe it’s the quest to find the absolute best. Whichever it is, I at least make sure I only use beauty products that have all-natural ingredients.
So, I was recently on the hunt for a new natural face wash. I really wanted a foaming face wash to go along with my DIY natural skin care regimen. And I wanted a facial cleanser that was all-natural and included anti-aging ingredients. You see, I had developed a skin care crush on the K-beauty skin care regimen so I decided to create my own foaming face wash recipe.
I was so excited to try this. I researched all of the best ingredients found in the commercial K-beauty skin care products and found some amazing all-natural, substitutes that were perfect for a DIY face wash. After a few attempts, I created my absolute favorite homemade face wash. And it’s one of the best natural face cleansers I’ve used so far.
Want to know what’s in it? Check out these all-natural ingredients in this DIY natural face cleanser recipe.
What To Use To Clean Your Face Naturally
Learning how to clean your face naturally isn’t hard. There are so many all-natural ingredients that are great for your skin. And it’s easy to tailor this DIY face wash to meet your needs. Whether it’s for oily skin or for acne prone skin, the basic recipe is the same.
One of the best all-natural ingredients in this homemade facial cleanser is Dr. Bronner’s Unscented Sugar Soap. I actually found this soap by accident when I mistakenly picked it up instead of the Bronner’s Castile soap. But I fell in love with it instantly. I love the texture of this soap because it feels like an exfoliant. Yet it’s still a gentle way to cleanse your skin.
I added in a carrier oil like jojoba oil or sweet almond oil, and a few drops of lavender, frankincense, and rosemary (or tea tree oil for acne prone skin). These oils encourage glowing, radiant skin and promote healing for a more even skin tone.
More DIY Beauty Tutorials
- How To Make Rosewater at Home
- Homemade Natural Beauty Recipes
- DIY Star Anise Sheet Mask
- Green Anti-Aging Face Scrubs
How To Make Your Own Face Wash
This homemade natural face cleanser recipe is easy to mix and oh, so effective. And it helps to gently exfoliate for smoother, softer-looking skin. Make it a part of your daily skin care routine and uncover your best face. Here’s how to make this homemade facial cleanser:
DIY Facial Cleanser Recipe
- 3/4 cup rose water (or rice water or distilled water)
- 1/4 cup Bronner's sugar soap (can substitute with castile soap)
- 1/2 tsp jojoba oil
- 8 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 8 drops rosemary essential oil (or tea tree for acne prone skin)
- Add rosewater, sugar soap and jojoba oil to a 4 - 6 oz foaming soap dispenser.
- Add in essential oils, and shake well.
How to Use this Natural Face WashThis homemade daily face wash is easy to use and can be added to any DIY skin care regimen.
- Use it first thing in the morning to cleanse your face by dampening your skin with water and then applying the foaming facial cleanser in a circular motion.
- Massage it in gently for 1 to 2 minutes then rinse.
- In the evenings, use it with a facial spin brush for a gentle exfoliation.
- Follow with this DIY Star Anise Tightening Toner and this homemade Star Anise Facial Moisturizer for radiant, youthful-looking skin.