This DIY face mask for glowing skin is like a raw diet for your face. Natural ingredients remove old, dead skin cells without stripping or over-drying. Used consistently, you’ll notice your skin texture improve, and you’ll uncover smoother, brighter, more even complexion.
DIY Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Over time, our skin ages and as we look in the mirror we begin to see dullness, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dark spots, and even wrinkles.
Our once smooth, soft, clear skin is seemingly rebelling against us. And that radiant glow we once had is now a distant memory.
I can almost hear you thinking…
Is this my new reality? But I want my glow back. Is there a natural way to brighten my skin? How can I glow my face at home?
I had these same questions a few years ago when I began to notice my skin becoming rough, dull and uneven. I started trying different store brand skin care products to target these problems. But I soon found I had to buy several different products to target each skin problem–an expensive adventure.
And then it hit me…
I could create my own homemade face mask designed to target my problem areas for a fraction of the cost.
And the best part:
It would be all-natural, non-toxic and healthy for my skin. And, it would be a face mask that included the right ingredients to give me a more luminous and redefined appearance.
So what is the best homemade mask for your face?
If you want to brighten dull skin and visibly improve your skin’s texture, you want to use the right ingredients. The best homemade mask for your face is one that includes ingredients such as:
- Aloe vera juice – aloe vera is a rich source of antioxidants and vitamins that have the ability to protect your skin. It can help treat acne and dry skin, as well as help moisturize it.
- Lemon – loaded with vitamin C, lemons contain natural acids which gently remove dead skin cells and lighten age spots, acne marks, and facial discolorations.
- Cornmeal – cornmeal is a natural exfoliant which can remove dirt and dead skin cells just as well as your commercial facial scrub. Its tiny grains make it a gentle enough to use regularly in your skin care routine.
- Lemon essential oil – lemon oil is a natural detoxifier. It contains antiseptic properties which aid in lightening the skin and preventing wrinkles. It’s also effective in removing excess oils that clog pores and cause blackheads.
If you’re like me, you’re probably wondering how to combine these ingredients to make a face mask at home?
Here’s how it works…
DIY FACE MASK FOR GLOWING SKIN
- 1 tbs cornmeal
- 1/2 tbs aloe vera juice can substitute aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh
- 1 – 2 drops lemon essential oil
- Combine ingredients in small bowl until a smooth paste is formed. Add more aloe vera if too dry.
- Apply to skin with fingers in a circular motion. Massage into skin for 1 – 2 minutes to gently exfoliate the skin.
- Use the mask 2 – 3 times a week for best results.