This facial moisturizer combines the skin-tightening properties of star anise with the anti-aging properties of shea butter. Add to this the nourishing and age-defying ingredients of coconut, myrrh, rose, and lavender oils and you have a skin cocktail that restores a youthful appearance.
Pair this with the star anise facial toner and you have a combo that will redefine your skin while reversing the signs of aging. Your skin will thank you.
Star Anise Anti-Aging Facial Moisturizer Recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut oil pure, unrefined
- 1 handful star anise pieces
- 1 cup shea butter pure, organic
- 10 drops myrrh essential oil
- 15 drops absolute rose essential oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- glass mixing bowl
- mason jar
- container for storage
- Add the coconut oil and star anise to the mason jar and cover with lid. Place the jar in the pot and fill the pot with hot water until it reaches halfway up the mason jar.
- Turn the stove on low so that it maintains the temperature of the hot water already in the pot. Allow the jar to stay in the hot water for 4 to 6 hours. Stir the contents in the jar every so often to help the contents combine. Be careful not to allow any water to get inside the jar as water will provide a breading ground for bacteria.
- Remove jar from the stove and let it cool slightly. You can let this mixture sit overnight in a warm area if you want for more infusion.
- Place the shea butter in a glass mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip shea butter until fluffy and creamy. Slowly add in star anise-infused oil and continue to whip.
- Add in essential oils and whip to combine. Place mixture in a glass jar for storage.