Korean and Japanese beauty routines are all the rage right now–and rightfully so. Following the routine can result in glowing, younger-looking skin.
One step in the multi-step K-beauty routine is the sheet mask. Sheet masks infuse the skin with vitamins and minerals and keep the skin deeply hydrated. There are many store brand masks to choose from, but I wanted something all-natural and free from chemicals.
So I did my research, experimented in the kitchen, and developed this star anise sheet mask recipe. You can learn more about the benefits of star anise from my star anise tightening toner post, but I’ll just say it’s great for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The star anise sheet mask will not only tighten your skin and smooth out wrinkles, it will also infuse your skin with moisture and promote hydration. As with any recipe, though, check the ingredients first for any allergens and adjust it for your skin’s needs.
For this recipe, you will need dry sheet masks (like this 100-count cotton-mask pack from Amazon) or plain gauze, and, of course, some star anise. If you have a hard time getting it locally, you can purchase star anise online here.
You’ll also need vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, frankincense essential oil, and glycerin. I’ve included a link to the brands I personally use so you can purchase them online if you can’t find them locally. If you purchase these products using my link, I’ll receive a little smoothie money which I promise to drink while creating more free skincare resources for you.
Once you’ve gathered these ingredients, head on over to the kitchen (or bathroom) and let’s start mixing!
Additional Star Anise Recipes
Tired of dry, sagging, dull skin? Do more to restore a youthful appearance and uncover supple, hydrated skin.
Using star anise will help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, restoring brightness, and improving texture.
Why not incorporate it in more of your skin care routine?
This Star Anise Skin Care Routine printable will give you additional recipes containing star anise for a complete skincare routine. These skin-transforming recipes include:
- an exfoliating facial cleanser to properly exfoliate for maximum moisture,
- a hydrating facial moisturizer that restores moisture while tightening the skin,
- an anti-aging facial serum that’s light and effective,
- a wrinkle-fighting toner that combines rosewater and star anise, and a skin-tightening toner made with star anise rice water,
- a moisturizing face mask that promotes hydrated, dewy, glowing skin every day,
- an anti-aging sheet mask that tightens and smooths the skin, and
- an under-eye cream for dark circles and wrinkles.
Click below to grab your copy of this guide and give your skin exactly what it needs for a smoother, brighter, more even complexion:
Want additional ways to tighten and tone your skin?
- Star Anise Tightening Toner
- Star Anise Anti-Aging Facial Moisturizer
- Anti-Aging Mask to Get Rid of Acne Marks and Dark Spots
- The One Way to Get Rid of Oily Skin for Good (and 7 Other Ways to Control it)
- Skincare Routine to Get Rid of Acne Scars and Shrink Pores
- 7 Ways Lemons Can Improve Your Skin Care Routine
Star Anise Anti-Aging Sheet Mask
- 2 tbsp star anise toner (see link above for recipe)
- 1/2 tbsp glycerin
- 1 tsp jojoba oil
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil optional
- Add all ingredients into a shallow bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lay face mask on mixture ensuring all parts thoroughly soak up the liquid.
- Gently apply mask to face and pat down to ensure all skin is in contact with the mask. Let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Do not rinse off. Simply massage excess mixture into skin once mask is removed. Follow with moisturizer.