Is star anise good for your skin? Well, the short answer is the benefits of star anise for skin may just amaze you. It’s been called a miracle spice because of its ability to tighten and tone the skin, leaving it firm and smooth. This means buh, bye wrinkles, and hello youthful-looking skin.
Benefits of Star Anise for Skin
Star anise is a wonder spice because it has been shown to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It has also been used to provide instant relief from acne scars and damaged skin.
Other benefits of star anise for skin include:
- Smooths the skin,
- Reduces dark marks,
- Reduces free radicals,
- Tightens the skin,
- Relatively inexpensive way to fight wrinkles.
It’s a spice that’s native to India and China, so it’s (only, IMO) downside is it may be hard to find whole anise in some areas. I found mine at a local international market. You can purchase star anise online if you can’t find it locally.
So, is star anise good for your skin? The short answer is, yes. If you need more proof, read on…
Does Star Anise Remove Wrinkles—Really?
There are many natural remedies to help make wrinkles less visible on your face, such as:
- Using natural skin care products that contain nourishing oils,
- Avoiding products containing drying alcohols,
- Using sunscreen with SPF when outdoors,
- Getting adequate sleep at night, usually 7 to 8 hours,
- Applying a natural moisturizer to skin daily,
- Using all natural face masks or skin tightening sheet masks weekly,
- Exercising your body and your face,
- Eating a healthy, clear skin diet,
- And, of course, using a star anise toner and facial moisturizer.
So just how does star anise remove wrinkles?
One way you can reduce wrinkles on your face naturally is to use star anise. While no product can completely remove wrinkles, you can reduce its appearance and visibility.
Star anise contains anethole which is extremely effective in detoxifying the skin. It also contains tannins which help tone the skin by strengthening the muscles’ firmness, preventing sagging.
As soon as you apply star anise to your skin, it appears softer and smoother. When left on overnight, it’s known to penetrate the tissues, softening wrinkles over time. You have to use it consistently over time to really see the benefits—it’s not an overnight solution.
When asked, What is the best thing to put on your face for wrinkles? Or How can I reduce wrinkles on my face naturally? My answer is always, star anise. I use a star anise toner and moisturizer every day because I love the results.
To help you see the benefits of star anise for skin, here is a favorite DIY recipe for an anti-aging serum for wrinkles.
Star Anise Anti-Aging Serum
- 2 tbs jojoba oil
- 2 tsp vitamin E
- 1 1/2 tbs rosehip seed essential oil
- 1 handful star anise pods
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Heat two cups of water in a pot until boiling. Turn on low.
- Put jojoba, vitamin E, rosehip seed oils and star anise pods in a glass jar and place the jar in the pot of water. Let it sit in water for 2 – 4 hours or longer (the longer the better), allowing the star anise to infuse into the oils.
- Let cool then add remaining essential oils. Stir gently to mix and transfer to small bottle or container for daily use.
Related DIY Recipes:
How To Use Star Anise Anti-Aging Serum
To get the best results, use the Star Anise oil for wrinkles daily at night. Apply after your all-natural toner and essence (get the recipe for the essence here), and before the star anise sheet mask.
Let it stay on your skin all night and wash off in the morning during your morning skin care routine. I think you’ll love the results over time.