This is, hands down, one of my favorite toners. It features an amazing seed with an unusual shape.
Star Anise, also known as Illicium verum, is a spice that’s native to India and China. The seeds of this herb have a distinct flavor and aroma and offer many benefits for your skin and overall health.
Why do I love it?
Because this spice has the ability to provide instant relief from acne scars, wrinkles, and damaged skin.
The only downside is it may be hard to find whole anise in some areas. I found mine at an international market. You can purchase star anise online if you can’t find it locally.
Benefits of Star Anise
Star Anise has been called a miracle spice because of its abilities to minimize the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. It also tightens and tones the skin, leaving it firm and smooth.
What’s more, you can begin to see results in as little as one week.
It’s a home remedy that’s easy–and inexpensive–to prepare and is completely natural and unbelievably effective.
And if you want an added boost to your overall anti-aging regimen, add a few drops of frankincense oil to this toner.
Frankincense oil is a powerful astringent which means it helps protect skin cells. It’s known for its anti-aging abilities to reduce acne blemishes and dark marks, while tightening the skin.
Follow the instructions below to begin combating your wrinkles and experiencing tight, smooth skin. Be sure to follow this toner with my star anise anti-aging facial moisturizer for best results.
Star Anise Skin Tightening Toner
- 1/4 cup star anise
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil (optional)
- Bring water to a boil. Add star anise and return to a boil. Simmer on medium-low heat for 4 - 5 minutes. Watch to ensure seeds do not burn.
- Put brown rice in a bowl and pour star anise water and seeds over the rice. Cover and let sit for six hours or overnight.
- Strain mixture and pour into a bottle. Add frankincense.
- To apply: After cleansing face, wet a cotton pad with the toner and wipe on face. Let dry for five minutes then apply moisturizer.
- Store for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Additional Star Anise Recipes
Tired of dry, sagging, dull skin? Do more to restore a youthful appearance and uncover supple, hydrated skin.
Using star anise will help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, restoring brightness, and improving texture.
Why not incorporate it in more of your skin care routine?
This Star Anise Skin Care Routine printable will give you four additional star anise recipes to give your skin transforming results:
- an exfoliating facial cleanser to properly exfoliate for maximum moisture,
- a hydrating facial moisturizer that restores moisture while tightening the skin, and
- an anti-aging facial serum that’s light and effective.
Click on the image below to grab your free copy of this guide and give your skin exactly what it needs for a smoother, brighter, more even complexion:
- Anti-Aging Mask to Get Rid of Acne Marks and Dark Spots
- The One Way to Get Rid of Oily Skin for Good (and 7 Other Ways to Control it)
- Skincare Routine to Get Rid of Acne Scars and Shrink Pores
- 7 Ways Lemons Can Improve Your Skin Care Routine