Wouldn’t you love to have hydrated, dewy, glowing skin every day? This Star Anise face mask includes moisturizing yogurt and honey that does wonders for your skin.
What does yogurt and honey do for your face?
It’s snack time and you’re reaching for something delicious, yet healthy. My son would reach for oatmeal while my daughter would grab yogurt. Both offer healthy nutrients to nourish your body and skin from the inside.
But that’s not all…
Both oatmeal and yogurt are absolutely amazing on your skin, nourishing it from the outside. I raved about how great oatmeal is as a mask in my post on my DIY Lush Oatfix Face Mask recipe. Now I want to sing the wonders of yogurt.
The benefits of yogurt
You may be wondering, is yogurt good as a face mask? And the answer is, absolutely.
Yogurt contains an alpha hydroxy acid called lactic acid. This is a wonder acid because it gently exfoliates the skin while dissolving dead skin cells.
And here’s the best part…
This exfoliation process helps to prevent breakouts, diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and delivers a natural glow.
Also, when yogurt is applied on the face, it helps to moisturize, reduce discoloration, fight acne, and prevent premature aging. So, yes, yogurt is good as a face mask.
All the more reason to fall in love with yogurt.
But which yogurt, exactly, is best for a face mask?
The plain, unflavored varieties of yogurt are a healthier choice for your skincare regimen. While Greek yogurt is particularly trendy right now with its thick, creamy texture, any plain variety can be just a beneficial for moisturizing your face.
Now let’s talk about the benefits of honey
As if this mask isn’t already good enough with the amazingly moisturizing yogurt and all. Now we’re adding in highly antibacterial and soothing honey, adding skin-saving properties.
Honey is a natural humectant which means it draws in water to keep the skin hydrated and soft. It’s also antibacterial which is great if you struggle with acne.
And did I mention that honey is full of antioxidants (especially Manuka honey)? This means it helps to slow down the aging process of our skin.
Yes, we love honey.
But wait, there’s more…much more.
Benefits of Star Anise for your skin
By now, if you’ve been with me for some time, you know I’m in love with star anise. I’ve blogged about the benefits of star anise and shared some of my favorite star anise recipes like my skin-tightening toner and my anti-aging moisturizer.
And I’ve received many comments and emails from women who have tried these star anise recipes and absolutely loved the results.
So I’m super excited to share this star anise face mask recipe because I think you’re going to love it as much as I do.
Yogurt, Honey & Star Anise Face Mask
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tsp Manuka honey See note below
- 1-2 tsp star anise water
- To make the star anise water, take a handful of star anise pods and add to a pot with 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Blend the yogurt, Manuka honey, and 1 – 2 teaspoons of star anise water together until you get a creamy paste.
- Using a facial brush or your fingers, apply the mask to your face and neck. Leave on for up to 20 minutes then rinse with warm water. Follow with moisturizer and admire your natural glow!
Additional Star Anise Recipes
Using star anise will help in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, restoring brightness, and improving texture.
Why not incorporate it more in your skin care routine?
This Star Anise Skin Care Routine printable will give you additional star anise recipes to give your skin transforming results:
- an exfoliating facial cleanser to properly exfoliate for maximum moisture,
- a hydrating facial moisturizer that restores moisture while tightening the skin,
- an anti-aging facial serum that’s light and effective,
- a wrinkle-fighting toner that combines rosewater and star anise, and a skin-tightening toner made with star anise rice water,
- a moisturizing face mask that promotes hydrated, dewy, glowing skin every day,
- an anti-aging sheet mask that tightens and smooths the skin, and
- an under-eye cream for dark circles and wrinkles.
Click the link below to grab your copy of this guide and give your skin exactly what it needs for a smoother, brighter, more even complexion: